I'm not ashamed to admit that over the years there have been a few video games I have liked to play. We got our first Atari system back in the 70's. Roy and I played a game called River Raid a lot, Roy was a PacMan champion, and Robert was extraordinary at Pitfall, even broke the record. Next came Nintendo in the 80's, then Nintendo 64. I played Tetris and Dr. Mario in the early 90's. The old systems seemed to wear out pretty fast. We had tricks to make it work like blowing into it and talking to it nicely. After the 64 wore out, there was a good decade or more of no video games at our house. Then Faren talked his dad into going into business with him by buying 10 XBox systems on Ebay, selling 8 of them for a profit, then they could both have one basically for free. I never did get into the new X-Box games. I tried Tetris but it just wasn't the same as the old one. Then we were able to get some of the old games put on the XBox. The addiction was back! So just about every day after lunch, Roy and I play a game or two of Dr. Mario. We are pretty evenly matched, so it makes it fun. When the whole family gets together, my kids sometimes have Dr. Mario tournaments. They are all a lot better than me, though, but I keep practicing. I don't know anyone else my age who plays video games everyday.....I think we must be nuts!
Depression
1 year ago


2 comments:
Hey, I used to love that game. The only trouble was if you played it too late at night, you played it all night long in your sleep. I had to stop. Trying to sleep, matching up those little colored pills....
Anyway, I understand. Jay liked it, too. He'd play while he was on the exercise bike. Well, he did it once....exercised for over an hour and about killed him.
I don't know how to play it, but I've heard it played many times. One of the missionaries was humming the Mario tune just the other day. I couldn't place it but then he told me what it was. Mario lives!
Post a Comment