Wednesday, November 5, 2008

"Hair Do You Do?"

The other night Roy was watching RFTV and an old episode of Hee Haw came on. We both laughed and laughed as we watched and wondered how this show was on for so many years. The guest singers were Conway Twitty and Jerry Lee Lewis. Each had a hairdo that was quite unbelievable. It made me wonder just when it was that the perfect hair was replaced by the windblown, anything goes look.

Conway with his slicked back, no hair out of place, greasy look.

Jerry Lee with his slicked back waves. (That boy sure can sing, though.)


I've had my share of bad hair days. Like every time I go on vacation to a more humid climate. This one was in Germany 5 years ago.



And about ten years before that, we went to Hawaii and every day was a bad hair day!

I have often cussed my hair, but, really, even though its getting thinner and harder to handle....I'm grateful I have it!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Battfam said...

You look cute even on the days you think your hair looks bad. Another thing...I noticed the book you were reading. I bought that a fews years ago on ebay, but never did read it. Let us know if it is good. I love your quilt too.

Lucy said...

I too am grateful to have hair. (Especially when I pull it back to wash my face. Being bald would not be good for me!)
Have a good day.(hair and all)