Monday, February 23, 2009

Fun Way to Spend a Weekend

I didn't think I was going to make it to the state girl's basketball tournament this year to watch Cassidy play. Roy had another commitment and I really didn't want to drive by myself, so I tried bumming a ride any way I could. Nothing seemed to be working so I just reconciled the fact that I would miss it this time. Di sent me play-by-play texts of the close, double-overtime win the first night....a real nail-biter! So I was so glad when Haily called and asked if I wanted to ride down with her on Friday. Friday's game against #1 team in the state, Soda Springs, was another screecher, with a 3-point win. Then it was WJ playing in...and wining the championship game on Saturday! Very exciting!

Cassidy is only a freshman, and did so good. Mom and dad are proud!


Cass is on the bottom right, next to Ashley Bare, Becky's daughter. Gary, assistant coach, top right.


I love any reason to get together with my super family!

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Lataun said...

Wow! I know you were in your happy place cheering on Cass and hanging with your brother and sisters. Glad you got to go!

Lucy said...

What fun Myrna! That Cass is one of very favorites. Winning good ballgames has to be the best of all. Yea!

ave said...

So glad you got to go- I wish I could havev bummed a ride with you and Hailey! Leave those kids at home, right?! I love your table runner you just finished- it looks almost exactly like mine- so cute! We're twinners- Can't wait to see it!

Battfam said...

How fun! Lucy told me Cassidy was doing really well. She used to help us at the bazaar sometimes and we loved her. Glad you made a party out of it.

Lucy said...

My Mom says that she saw Gary getting his head shaved...... Did he make some crazy promise??

di said...

Great pics. Did you get a text/picture of gary with his head shaved?
Loved the table topper too.

Myrnie said...

I don't know what kind of deal he made, but his head is shaved! Yes I got the text and pic...pretty funny!