Di got us excited about doing an "I Spy" quilt when we were in SLC together in June. So we each bought a few pieces of fabric, then shared them and cut out the blocks....it's called "fussy-cutting," a new quilting term for me. The idea is when you're sitting and snuggling with a toddler grandchild, you can play I Spy with them......"Can you find a butterfly?".... "I Spy a school bus..." I got my top done and thought it turned out so cute. Brenda and Di's are all done and machine quilted already. They used different colors, and its interesting how different they all look. (Wish I had pictures of them.)
Depression
1 year ago


5 comments:
You guys have the best ideas. I'm glad that you're hand quilting yours. You keep us looking up to you all the time.
As I have said before, there is a reason you are the Queen. I hope Di and Brenda aren't trying to dethrone you by getting theirs done so fast. That is a fun quilting concept. Kids love that kind of stuff.
This is adorable! You ready to do another one? :-)
Shauna
So glad to see it done. It turned out really cute. I spy with my little eye.....something brown that growls....
SO CUTE!!!! I want to grow up to be just like my aunts!!! I have a lot of training to do :(
I can't wait to make my i spy quilt with all the scraps! I think I'll start this weekend :)
Post a Comment