Sunday evenings sometimes find us snacking a little more than usual. Tonight it was chocolate on my mind. Thought I'd share our favorite no-bake cookies. (None of those peanut butter ones for us.) Tonight I got a little creative and added a maraschino cherry to some of them...pretty darn yummy!
CHOCOLATE-COCONUT NO-BAKE COOKIES
2 C sugar
1/2 t salt
1 sq. margarine
3 T cocoa
1/2 C canned milk
Mix well in heavy saucepan and bring to good boil stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add:
1 t vanilla
2 C quick oats
1 C coconut
1 C chopped nuts (optional)
Stir well and drop on waxed paper or buttered cookie sheet.
CHOCOLATE-COCONUT NO-BAKE COOKIES
2 C sugar
1/2 t salt
1 sq. margarine
3 T cocoa
1/2 C canned milk
Mix well in heavy saucepan and bring to good boil stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add:
1 t vanilla
2 C quick oats
1 C coconut
1 C chopped nuts (optional)
Stir well and drop on waxed paper or buttered cookie sheet.



2 comments:
Nothing better than a quick chocolate treat. When you need it you need it!
And,what could be better than a cherry on top?
Sorry mom, I never liked "No-bake" cookies until I moved away and tried someone else's recipe WITH PEANUT BUTTER. No offense...but the coconut just doesn't cut it for me...I need the creamy peanut butter ones...I know, I know...dad and I go the rounds about this every time it comes up..but I'm stickin' to my guns! I guess I don't really like that recipe...gotta have the peanut butter...
Boy... that was a ramble...with a lot of "dot dot dots..."
Post a Comment