Wednesday, October 20, 2010

On the Road Again..

When my Aunt Mae passed away in Moses Lake, Washington, I really wanted to go to the funeral. I knew there would be relatives there that I hadn't seen in a long, long time. Roy was a sweetheart and said he would take me, and we could hit two birds with one stone by making arrangements to meet with a guy in northern Idaho that Roy wanted to talk business with.

These are some cousins that I really wanted to connect with. There's Ronnie Hathaway, Mauna Hathaway, Nina Neilson, and Sherry Hathaway. (These are all maiden names, of course.) I love to claim them as my cousins...they are so fun to be with.

Had to get a shot with the aunts. Nina, Aunt Ruby, me, Aunt Irma, Sherry, and Mauna. These baby sisters of my dad's are treasures!

Got out my paper and pencil to get information for my genealogy records. This is Glen Smith, a first cousin that I don't believe I had ever met.


We came home via northern Idaho and Montana, where the landscape is still ablaze with fall colors.

We stopped in Bozeman to spend a few days with the kids and grandkids there.

It was pumpkin carving time!

Love to travel, but, as always...there's no place like home, auntie Em.

1 comments:

Lucy said...

Looks like a fun trip! Good for you to go and be with your Dad's sisters. One thing's for sure...now is the time to do stuff like that.