I spent three fun-filled days with my BFF's last month in Utah. We decided that on the off years of the family reunion, we would try to get together and spend some quality time.
Day one included picking Brenda up at the SLC airport, having pedicures in Provo, and ending up in Manti for the pageant. All three of them had seen it before when they were in YW, but I had never seen it and it was on my bucket list. The temple was breathtakingly beautiful and the pageant was awesome and well worth the trip. We stayed in Provo that night. I was pretty proud of myself for getting such a great deal on our rooms on Priceline, but I didn't know that it was meant for 2 people only. So when I called to make sure we had 2 queen beds, I was told, "Sorry, but we only have a room with one king bed available, but we can bring in a roll-away." And there's no backing out once you hit the button. So we jokingly talked about who was going to sleep in the middle. (Hope I didn't snore too loud...)
Day two: Shopping at the Provo Town Center all morning, traveling to Park City and making fun necklaces (courtesy of Brendi-Lou) in our motel room. (This time we did have two queens....whew!)
This picture was taken in the mirror without a flash to show the necklaces we made...very pretty!
Day three we pretty much shopped till we dropped....literally! The outlet stores there are pretty amazing. (Glad I had been saving up for awhile.) We saw a movie in the late afternoon, then explored around the town for awhile. I wanted to go down the Alpine Slide, but no one else did. I told them it could be a fun memory. But quite possibly the only memory may have been someone's broken hip!
Said goodbye to Brenda at the airport the next morning, refreshed and satisfied that we had talked about every subject, and been successful at solving all of each others problems!! (Sigh..)
4 comments:
hmmmm....love those people too! So Glad you have them!
Love all you guys!
What a fun excursion. It makes me want to go to the Manti Pageant again. I'm home now and I think we should figure out a cousin thing. I missed you guys.
Great blog and great sister fun!!!
Post a Comment