April Fools Day 2008 in Bancroft
I'm reminded of an April Fools prank played on me lots of years ago. It was only about a month after my dad passed away. Gary called one evening and said "Mom has fallen and broke her leg really bad. I've taken her to the hospital and she's about to go into surgery." (I took the bait...hook, line, and sinker) I thought, Oh man, how unfair for this to happen to her, with everything else she's been through. "I'll be right there," I said, and hung up the phone. He let me have ample time to get changed and ready to go before he called back and said, "April Fools!"
I'm reminded of an April Fools prank played on me lots of years ago. It was only about a month after my dad passed away. Gary called one evening and said "Mom has fallen and broke her leg really bad. I've taken her to the hospital and she's about to go into surgery." (I took the bait...hook, line, and sinker) I thought, Oh man, how unfair for this to happen to her, with everything else she's been through. "I'll be right there," I said, and hung up the phone. He let me have ample time to get changed and ready to go before he called back and said, "April Fools!"
And it seems like every year at our house someone falls for the old "rubber band around the kitchen sink sprayer" gag.
Does anyone else have an April Fools story to share?




1 comments:
Our kids always did the "kitchen sink sprayer gag" too, and It got me every time. One year, since I was up earlier than they were and actually remembered it was April Fool's Day, I decided to get them. So I taped the handle down on the sprayer and thought how clever I was and how much I would enjoy seeing each one of them get sprayed. Then I got busy making breakfast, turned the kitchen faucet on and sprayed myself. What an April Fool!
Post a Comment