Thursday, April 17, 2008

Cousins...and friends


Lucy, Millie, Cristy (in back), Di, Ruth, Karen, Myrna

My girl cousins on the Spaulding side have always been a close knit bunch. We have done quilts at each other's houses over the years, helped each other celebrate our 40th birthdays, had some fun overnighters, and generally stayed in touch with weddings, mission farewells, and funerals. This year, we thought it was important to get together before Millie and her husband, Alan, leave for their 3-year mission to Brazil this summer. We met in Pocatello for dinner, then went to Aunt Noni's house for visiting. Some had to go home at that point, but these guys came to my house to have a sleepover. It was a great time.... to get caught up and be reminded that even in our 40's and 50's, we still have a lot in common. Love you guys!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Lataun said...

I kept wondering when you were going to post a pic and tell about your weekend. That's a great picture, too! Sounds like you had fun, even if it was short. I'm so jealous you have sisters. It's your fault, you know, that I don't....
:)

Lucy said...

We did have fun and thank you to Myrna! She's a great host. We talked and laughed and even quilted a little!

Battfam said...

I haven't looked at blogs for a while and didn't know you'd put this picture up. That was such a fun weekend. I will always treasure it and appreciate all your efforts. I'm almost tearing up. I love all of you sisters and cousins!