Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Upside of Winter

Its not that I dislike Winter. I really don't. There's something very normal and right about the four seasons and I appreciate each one of them. Here are some good things about Winter:


Roy goes ice-fishing a lot and leaves me home to work on my fun projects uninterrupted.


The beauty of it all...the frosted trees, the snowdrifts in the yard covering the ugly brown grass. Oh, and no yard work!


Being inside by the warm cozy fire when its blizzarding outside.

Seeing grandkids all bundled up to go outside. This is Jack...he can barely move!

Playing with them outside in the snow. Haddi and Indee on a hill by our house a while back.



Sometimes it's not such a good time. This was one of those times for Boston.
Winter is good!

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

ave said...

I too am not a big fan of winter. Ya, I know, I shouldn't live in Driggs. I can't wait for it all to melt. You forgot to mention the mess that a wood stove leaves in your house. The wood chips, the ash, dust everywhere! But I do love the cozy fire on a cold day.

Lataun said...

I guess I like the four season too...but I think up here in the frozen tundra we don't really get four seasons. We get three. Seems like winter just bypasses Spring altogether...

When we lived in Mud Lake, grandma would say "if we can just get thru February...Spring will be here." But up here it's more like "if we can just get thru to May..."

Lucy said...

The older I get the more I have to convince myself that I like winter. I do like the fact that the bugs all die in cold weather and the beautiful snow is great unless you need to drive. Fall is so pretty, but usually cut a little short. Spring just seems like a little more winter before the lawn suddenly turns green. Four seasons are great, but summer wins...hands down.

Battfam said...

I love the picture of the tree. Winter is worth it just for frost on the trees alone. I love the pictures of the kids bundled up. If I can find it I will send you a funny story about bundling kids for playing outside in winter.