Monday, July 20, 2009

Sisters...Best Friends with a Lifetime Guarantee

I just have to go back to last month and blog about our sister sneak. It had been lots of years since we got to do this, so we thought it was time. The four of us met in Salt Lake and had a couple of fun-filled days together.
After picking Brenda up at the airport, we had lunch on Trolley Square. Then did a little shopping and went to a movie, "The Proposal."
(Good movie)


The next morning, we did a little craft in the breakfast area of the motel.



It's a small wall-hanging with mom and dad's wedding picture and marriage license.


Found a cute little shopping plaza called Gardner Village that none of us had been to before. Had lunch there and had fun looking around the unique shops and bakeries.


Did some more shopping....Karen and Di found some cute shorts alike.



Had dinner at the Mayan that night. It's a fun Mexican restaurant that looks like a tropical rain forest inside, complete with divers jumping off tall rock ledges into pools below.


Had to pose with this cool looking Mayan thing outside the restaurant.


Di was our driver....she only fell asleep once behind the wheel.

Those in the backseat were only mildly terrified!
(Sorry, Lucy, we had to copy you)



Had to pose one more time in front of the motel as we were leaving.

Saying good-bye at the airport.

How I love these people.... they are my best friends. We have so much in common and always have plenty to talk about. I can always be myself with them. They lift me up and make me giggle. Can't wait till next time!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Lucy said...

Your sisters party looks so fun. I have to say you Skidmore girls really know how to have fun. I can just hear you now, enjoying every minute of it. Good on you!!

Battfam said...

The Sisters' Parties are going strong in the next generation- even down to buying clothes alike. Remember the blue jackets of the last generation? I loved the pictures. The one of the reflection in the window was pretty tricky. How dang fun!!

di said...

I was wondering when you were going to blog about it! It makes me laugh when I see that pic of Karen & Brenda!!! i'm glad we are so close! My sisters ROCK!