My husband can be pretty Scroogie sometimes. For instance, he doesn't like it when I play Christmas music, he thinks I over-decorate, for sure he doesn't like to shop, and he drags his feet when there's a party to go to. When the kids were at home, he whined and whined about all the money I was spending, then on Christmas Eve, after putting everything out, he'd say, "Is that all?" Several years ago, one of our friends gave him a hat that said, "Bah, Humbug" on it. I thought it was very fitting, but he wasn't amused.I'm a firm believer that we have grandkids to help the grandpa chill out. This is Sicilee on one Christmas morning putting make-up and jewelry on her grandpa. He's on cloud nine.
He's a pretty good sport, and actually has fun when he finally gets to a party. I guess we're all like that on some level. (I wish I could remember this game...making reindeer horns out of pantyhose and balloons....it looks pretty fun!)
Like so many other couples, we have learned to agree to disagree on a lot of things in this life. And we always have a good Christmas....with or without the attitude.




3 comments:
Those pantyhose reindeer antlers do look interesting.
Merry Christmas to you and to Scrooge. Jay's a party poop, too, but it's okay. I just know that he doesn't really care for parties and he knows that I really like 'em. You're right...agree to disagree.
You guys are smart to agree to disagree. We've done that too over the years. Merry Christmas, and do try to remember the antler game. It looks way fun.
Looks like ALL MEN hate Christmas. We had a great day. Did white elephant gifts this year. Way fun
Post a Comment