A few years ago, Roy built us a nice new picnic table. It was heavy and strong, unlike the one we had before...that was so flimsy it actually fell over if there were more people on one side than the other. I was so embarrassed one summer when we invited some of our ritzy neighbors (who only live in St Anthony in the summers) to a barbecue, and 4 of them ended up toppling over backwards when someone on the other side got up! Anyway, I've had a love/hate relationship with my new picnic table. It is very sturdy, looks great, and you can slide right in from the sides instead of stepping over. But the fact that it is so heavy posed a big problem. I had to have help moving it to mow the lawn, or to water the lawn. It took 5 men and a boy to move it if we wanted to use it at some other location. So to solve the problem, this spring I took some old bricks that were stacked up here on the property and built a nice little pad for it to sit on at the edge of our backyard. It can just stay there. It sits in the shade of a nice tree. I can water and mow without disturbing it. And no more moving it and breaking our backs. Yay! Another project crossed off my list!
Depression
1 year ago




2 comments:
That looks like a great table and a great spot to put it. All we need now is a really nice day so you would feel like using it.
Good going for having a list. I've got to start doing that.
I just keep thinking about the people lying on their backs with the picnic table looming above them. That's so dang funny. Happy picnicing!
Post a Comment