Let's talk a little bit about Faren. Picture all four of my boys lined up. Then I start singing the old Sesame Street song, "One of these things is not like the others. Three of these things are kinda the same...." You would pick Faren. Case in point: Faren has a full head of hair, the others don't. Faren wears glasses, the others don't. The others are all in the boat business, Faren is an attorney. Faren did college, the others....... Well, you get my point. When Faren got home from his mission, I felt like that was the time that he and I bonded the most. I would be working at the boat shop and he would come and help me with whatever I was doing and we would talk and visit. He is always full of questions, and I love to answer them. I saw him become a rock star when we were in Poland and even though his Polish was a little rusty, he made sure we were safe and where we were supposed to be at all times. And I felt the love he had for those people and the country. He and I share a love of music. I love it when he plays the guitar and lets me try to harmonize with him. He has always been a hard worker, loving to go with his dad to work from the time he was little. When he got married, I told Avery, "I always thought that whoever married Faren was going to be so lucky!" It tickled my heart to see him become a dad. And a good one he is. He doesn't think he is, but believe me when I say so. He may not be the biggest in stature, but he's a giant in spirit. There's a special bond a mother feels with her sons. I'm so glad I have four of them. I can feel Faren's unconditional love and concern for me, and that means a lot. Happy Birthday, Faren. I love you!





2 comments:
Myrna, what a sweet post for Faren. Yea for him turning 30 years old. We are all getting up there!
So...is Faren your favorite child? Did I get bumped?
:)
Post a Comment