
Okay....so the Saturday of Labor Day weekend was warm and sunny....just right for canoeing around Jenny Lake in Grand Teton National Park. The water was so blue and the mountains were "grand." On a side note....I never go to Jenny Lake without thinking of my mom and dad. Mom told us that her favorite date with dad before they were married was when he took her to Jenny Lake for the day. (That was when the Jackson Pass was nothing but a graveled road with no guardrails.) They rented a rowboat and had a "glorious day" and "were so in love." I'd like to think that they get to go back there on occasion.
Anyway, back to our weekend.....we took a break after paddling for awhile to let the kids play in the rocks and regroup. A few of us (those pictured above) decided to head back to safer waters (the wind was picking up) and the others forged ahead to go all the way around and meet us at the Hidden Falls trailhead.
The falls were so beautiful that some of us wanted to get a closer look. It made the grandmas a little nervous.
Two days later the weather took a serious turn. Our plan was to go for a four-wheeler ride up to the old Haun's townsite near Gilmore summit. We'd been looking forward to it a long time, so we were determined. And yes, that is snow!

There were nine four-wheelers with 2-3 people on each one. John took the lead, while Roy brought up the rear. It was hard to believe that we didn't get caught in an awful storm. The clouds looked like they were going to let loose any minute!
Val and Megan pose for a photo. The views up there were breathtaking. It felt like we were on top of the world! I think we were.
Its a good thing we watched the weather forcast before we left home. We packed for sunny weather, cold rainy weather, and church. That was a lot of stuff for one weekend. Oh well...now we have to stay home for awhile. : (






5 comments:
You are one adventurous family Myrna. I'll bet it was beautiful up there, though. Sounds wonderful!
mom...wasn't that fun! Memories!
I loved your pictures. I've only been to Jenny's Lake once, but I loved it. I can't think of the name of that little lake up above Gilmore. We went there quite a few times. I loved it and hated it at the same time. It was beautiful and awesome, but the road scared me and I was always sure that mountain behind the lake was going to fall in on all of us. Great fun!
Meadow Lake .... yeah, we were near there. Beautiful.
Myrna----who says we have to stay home!!!! Jerry & I went up to Stoddard Creek and across the top on Saturday and guess who broke down---Jerry!!! I think he is jinxed!! But it was fun anyway!! Start planning for next year---maybe we'll have something that runs by then. HA!!
Post a Comment