We've discovered a fun new activity since we moved to Bancroft. In August, the mountains around here are full of huckleberries. The only other time I picked huckleberries was years and years ago when Karen and I took our kids to Green Canyon for swimming lessons. Our friend, Beryl, took us out one afternoon to pick. We picked and picked and picked, and ended up with only a little bit in the bottom of the bucket. We took it back to the campground and made a small cobbler in the dutch oven. There was only enough for each of us to have a small bite. I remember thinking, "Wow, all that work for this?"
We love it now ....funny how your tune can change.







4 comments:
My kids all think they love huckleberryin, too. Grandma Fern or Aunt Millie would take them. Geri even found a container just the right size to buy to add to her raspberry jam from some kids on the side of the road. She said that she would have rather gone to pick them, though. Good times!
yumm...watch out for moose and bears up there...save some for us when we come to visit.
That's a great pic of River. So cute.
Mern I was just telling Taun how much I enjoy your blogging. Keep it up!
I love to go huckleberrying and I missed it this year. I don´t know what I loved more, the berries or the picking of the berries. It sounded like you had so much fun. Those pictures were great, but they made my mouth water.
Post a Comment