Monday, May 11, 2009

Home Brew


When Roy was a little boy and lived in McCall, his mom and dad used to make home brew beer. He tells about the yeasty smell, the fun it was when their friends would come over to help make it and later to taste it, and how his dad used to let him have a sample every now and then. It was a fun childhood memory for him. When they moved to Monteview, and got active in the church, the home brew making came to a halt. That is, until they discovered they could make the home brew root beer. Roy and Val love the yeasty home made root beer. Every now and then they just have to make some. A week ago Saturday it was time again to do just that. It has been "brewing" in my laundry room inside a big cooler (or warmer, in this case) ever since.

Before.....


.....during....
....and after.
I really don't care for the yeasty root beer. I do love the dry ice kind, though. Makes me want to make some of it now.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Lucy said...

I like the dry ice kind,too. I remember going babysitting at Blaine's house and she told me they had home made root beer. It was in pop bottles, too. I tried some and puked.

Battfam said...

Alan's family used to make it too. He is going to want to try it if he sees this blog. I don't think I will tell him about it.

Lataun said...

That was the funniest day, seeing those two get so excited over making that stuff. Then no one could have any...for like 7 days? Have they been in their "happy place" drinking it up?

Anonymous said...

Just remember to keep a close eye on them when it comes down to the last couple of bottles! :-)

Shauna