We have this little battery-operated 4-wheeler that was given to us by a neighbor several years ago when her grandkids got too big for it. Our grandkids have loved it. They have to be 2 or 3 years old to get to ride it...after that they are just too big and rough on it. Jack will be two in a week. His dad has been trying to teach him how to steer it, and he's been doing pretty good....only running into an occasional car, dog, and wall. It has 2 speeds, and of course, they have to learn on the slow speed. Yesterday, my friend, Shauna, came over for a minute to bring me something. We were standing outside on the driveway and out of the shop I hear Val say, "Run over grandma!" We look up to see Jack bearing down on us at high speed! We both have to jump out of the way, (I think Shauna got her toes ran over) as Jack goes speeding past with a shocked, "I'm out of control" look on his face. I'm happy to say he did a pretty darn good job of dodging everything big and dangerous in his way, coming to a stop inside another open overhead door against a wooden pallet. Whew! Needless to say, Val got slightly chastised from his mom about the importance of using the SLOW speed.
Depression
1 year ago



3 comments:
Yikes. If that would have happened to me today, I would have been run down. (I think I must have pulled something in my left leg that is killing. I'm moving pretty slow)
It sounds like another crazy Idaho driver is in the making. I also wondered what your words of "slightly chastised" really meant?
One memory that I won't forget!!
Shauna :-)
Post a Comment