Is that what you call someone who makes a lot of jerky? A jerk? Then that's what Roy is the past 6 months or so. He decided to use some elk meat that wasn't getting used up fast enough. Sometimes he mixed it with some beef, sometimes not.
Putting it into the handy-dandy homemade smoker.

Cutting it into slices to store, or to share. The guys in the family have especially liked Roy's jerky. And Haddi, too. She likes the spicy kind. If he shows up to any event without the jerky, he might as well pack it up and go home! Val thinks its good enough to go commercial. Roy just likes to think of it as a fun and yummy hobby. I think of it as another one of his many talents... the jerk.

Cutting it into slices to store, or to share. The guys in the family have especially liked Roy's jerky. And Haddi, too. She likes the spicy kind. If he shows up to any event without the jerky, he might as well pack it up and go home! Val thinks its good enough to go commercial. Roy just likes to think of it as a fun and yummy hobby. I think of it as another one of his many talents... the jerk.




2 comments:
That really does look good and I'm so glad that he doesn't mind being, "the jerk". (and it's for such a good reason, too)
I found a little baggie of it in the back of my frig today that someone (Haddi) forgot to eat. I think that it had been in there a long while...they do love that jerky. I don't get it.
Post a Comment